The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three wings , the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies.
NDA is organized by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). NDA Examination is conducted two times in a year that is NDA (I) in April and NDA (II) in September.
NDA Exam Pattern:
NDA Exam contain two subjects General Ability and Mathematics..
|Subject||Code||Duration|| Maximum Marks
|Mathematics||01||2 1/2 Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||02||2 1/2 Hours||600|
Syllabus for NDA Exam:
It is a primary step for prepare UPSC NDA examination you ought to aware of whole UPSC NDA examination Syllabus that which subjects are critical and gather observe material for NDA practice. NDA Paper is a goal kind multi-choice question paper you ought to select one answer in all the given options. Here’s a whole listing of most important topics of NDA Exam preparation.
NDA Maths Paper contains Question from:
- Determinants and matrices
- Analytical Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Differential calculus and Integral calculus
NDA General Ability Papers contain:
- English – Vocabulary & Grammar
- General Knowledge –
Best Books for NDA Exam 2017:
The first step to begin getting ready for any competitive tests requires one to undergo the syllabus, choose your strengths and weak point. Thus you will need to arm yourself with right books and begin working towards NDA Exam sample troubles.
Please don’t fall into the entice of gathering masses of “free material” to be had on Internet. You time have to be spent studying, now not downloading. While you pay money for an eBooks, you’re procuring the effort the writer has taken to provide you prepared observe material.
Books of Mathematics:
NDA Exam contain mathematic syllabus up to 12th. NDA exam is not difficult to clear. In NDA Exam does not include tricky math questions. So, best books to start preparation are to pick old NCERT books.
Following are the important books that are designed for NDA Exam:
Mathematics Books for NDA Exam-National Defence Academy (English) By R.S Aggarwal
The Pearson Guide to Mathematics for NDA Entrance Examination (English) by Pearson India
NDA & NA – Entrance Examination for Mathematics Study Package (English) by Arihant
Books for General Ability:
if you see the syllabus and marks breakup for the general potential section, one third of the weight age is given to English section, while the closing consists of Physics, Chemistry, history, Geography and modern occasions.
if you have been an amazing scholar, and don’t have a problem with English, then we propose you move to the next section wherein we investigate previous years solved papers for NDA exam. Otherwise preserve analyzing.
Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
For the other sections, apart from keeping yourself updated with the recent happening, buy Manorama Yearbook 2017 (English)
How to prepare for Mathematics Test:
Mathematics is all about calculation and formulation. NDA Maths paper includes 120 questions of three hundred marks and the foremost subjects of questions asked in NDA examination are Algebra, quintessential, differential, trigonometry, matrices, Geometry and records & possibility. Take a look at complete Maths syllabus for NDA exam information here.
- While going for mathematics preparation you should clear your basic concept like formulas, methods, calculation, and also including 10th and 12th class books.
- Practice more and more with mock test and NDA previous year papers.
- Time Duration of NDA Maths paper is just 150 minutes. So you should set up effective time management for category questions.
- Applicant must make their short notes of important topics and formulas of their NDA preparation. This will help the candidate for revision at last time.
- Take help from Internet and check the latest exam pattern and try to solve.
- Refer some good books to prepare NDA exam.
How to Prepare for General Ability Test:
General Ability paper of NDA Exam includes 150 questions of 600 marks and divided into two sections English and General Knowledge. In this paper, examiner tests your Basic English skills and General Knowledge.
English Preparation Tips:
English test contain 50 Question of 200 Marks. In this section most of the questions are asked from grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension.
- Divide your practice time subject matter clever. Supply right time to all topics one at a time.
- Vocabulary and Grammar aren’t one-week training so you ought to start as early as feasible for that.
- Decorate your four core abilities – reading, writing, speaking and listening addiction within the English language.
- Try and research new English words on each day basis.
- Must take a look at previous years NDA English query papers for information the idea of examination pattern.
General Knowledge Preparation Tips:
- K section contains 100 Question of 400 Marks. General Knowledge paper includes questions from these sections General Science, Indian history, Physics, Geography, Chemistry and Current Events.
- Make habit of reading Magazines and watch new channels on daily.
- The Physics and Chemistry sections should be organized from magnificence twelfth books and Biology, Geography, records, Political technology, and Economics have to be prepared up to magnificence 10th level.
- Give proper time for all class questions.
- For Physics topics, you need to clear the standards and their sensible information.
- For Chemistry, you must have fundamental knowledge of classifications of factors, compounds, etc.
- You have to aware of environment and trendy science topics.
- Purchase some exceptional book for NDA well known know-how preparations.
How to prepare for SSB Interview:
After qualifying these two sections candidate is eligible for giving Interview by Service Selection Board (SSB). This test is based on your intelligence and personality. SSB test contain 900 Marks.
- Focus on growing your personality.
- The test commonly assesses the candidates for officer-like features, which incorporates the experience of obligation, reacting to conditions, social adaptability, teamwork, and so forth.
- Self-confidence is having to, know yourself and expand characteristics of an officer.
- You ought to have targeted expertise of Indian history, Politics, Armed forces in India etc.
- Preserve a very good physical fitness.