SSC CGL is a standout amongst the most well-known exams among graduates in India. Alongside being well known, SSC CGL is a standout amongst the most difficult one also. A great number of aspirants apply for the exam looking for it as their dream work, which makes the exam exceptionally hard to split.
Just hundreds out of lakhs can go ahead the fruitful applicants’ list. In this manner to begin the SSC CGL Preparation, the initial step that ought to be taken by you is to choose the Best SSC coaching institute and SSC study material.
SOME SUBJECT WISE TRICKS TO SPLIT SSC EXAM
- Thoroughly understand the SSC Syllabus and SSC Exam Pattern
Before you begin making any methodology for the exam, it is an unquestionable requirement that you are very much aware of syllabus and example of the exam. It will give you an insightful view of the paper that you are showing up for and to choose to think about the arrangement for the exam.
The Exam Pattern of the SSC CGL 2018 Exam can be understood as follows:
- SSC CGL Exam will be consisting 4 Phases.
- SSC CGL Phase 1 and Phase 2 will be conducted in online mode. You can choose the medium as Hindi or English.
- Phase 1 will be having objective type 100 questions of 2 marks each.
- Phase 2 will be having two compulsory papers and two optional papers.
- The questions in phase 2 exam will also be of objective type.
- Phase 3 will be a descriptive type exam and the mode of the exam will be offline.
- Phase 4 will be the Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and will be of qualifying in Nature.
Analyze and make a study plan
After getting all the details about the Exam, you should analyze the topics in which you are strong or weak. The topics in which you are weak need more attention and time for preparation.
We will help you with section wise preparation strategy and study plan with important points and topics to make your preparations easy.
This section is the most difficult section and also very important. Preparing SSC CGL Math’s needs a lot of concentration as well as more time.
- You should practice all variety of questions.
- Learn more tables. It will help you in solving questions with a good speed.
- While preparing, use short tricks to solve the questions.
Most important topics that you need to focus more are:
- Coordinate Geometry
- Trigonometry and Mensuration
You all know that Reasoning Test is conducted to examine the candidate’s mental ability. This section will consume more time and needs a lot of practice.
- No exact formulas are there to solve the questions, all you need to do is, solve them with cool mind with logical thinking.
- Practice daily.
- Simply use your common sense to solve the puzzles.
- Make your own formulas to solve questions.
- While answering the questions related to statement and assumptions, try to solve them imagining you as a mature person.
- You should focus more on topics like:
- Syllogism, Analogy
- Odd man out
- Number Series
- Venn diagram
- Non-verbal reasoning
The English language section is the most scoring section in your paper. This section is not only important but also very difficult for aspirants to crack. You have to do a lot of smart work to score well in English for SSC CGL.
- You should work on improving your Grammar Part, as the paper is all based on English Grammar.
- You should practice reading a lot.
- Make reading your daily habit.
- Read newspapers, magazines, good articles on daily basis.
- Apart from reading, you have to solve mock test papers.
Topics to give more focus on are:
- Sentence Improvement
- Reading comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- One-word substitution
General Awareness for SSC CGL 2018 is the most important section in the SSC CGL Exam. The SSC CGL GK section is also very lengthy in which if you prepare well, will result in good score consuming lesser time. You may get confusing options to select the correct answers.
You have to answer confidently. Make sure you answer only when you are 100% sure, as chances of negative marking are more in this section. Follow the tips given below to prepare GK for SSC CGL.
- Make it a habit to know what is happening in the world around you.
- Solve previous year papers.
- Stay updated with the daily news events and current affairs
Grab the complete knowledge of all the fields given below:
- General Science
SSC CGL Statistics can be considered as a protracted version of Quant Section. Thus, your preparation for SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude will also work here.
You have to appear for the section only if you have applied for the posts of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler Statistics.
- You should start preparing with the help of 10th, 11th, and 12th class level books of Statistics.
- You should solve questions that are based on tabulation of data, accuracy, and formulas.
- You must write down all the important formulas and learn them.
- Practice as many questions as you can from each topic.
- Practice previous year papers and mock test series to improve your speed.
You must prepare the following topics:
- Collection and Representation of Data
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Dispersion
- Probability Theory
- Sampling Theory
- Analysis of Variance
- Time Series Analysis
- Index Numbers
General Studies (Finance and Economics):
This section is recently introduced in the SSC CGL phase 2 paper pattern. It will test your knowledge related to Finance and Economics. The paper is divided into two parts: 1.Finance and Accounts, and 2. Economics and Governance.
You have to appear in this paper only if you have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
- You should take help from the NCERT books of 10th, 11th, and 12th class.
- Make reading newspapers and magazines like Times of India, Economic Times, The Economics, Outlook Money, etc.
- Write down the theory and facts that are important from the economic point of view.
- Please practice solved papers, mock test series for better preparation.
The topics that should be focused more on:
- Accounts and Finance –
- Fundamental principles and the basic concept of Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Basic concepts of accounting
Economics and Governance –
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Finance Commission
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production
- Forms of Market and price determination
- Indian Economy
- Economic Reforms in India since 1991
- Role of Information Technology
Hope the above tips will be helpful for you subject wise preparations. Here we have some more like time management, revise what you have studied you can use SSC Mock test help, SSC online coaching etc. For more help, you can visit our website: www.delhicareergroup.com