Indian people are known for their courage, beauty and brain. Everybody is keen to join defense services and many are already on roll. Getting into the Indian Armed Forces is one of the most honorable and respectable achievements for all the Indians.In this article, we’ll discuss ways of how Indian candidate can get into this prestigious profession of defense after completing graduation:
- The Judge Advocate Entry: The judge advocate entry is for law graduates who have scored minimum55% marks in the degree and are registered candidates with BCI. Age requirement for this is 21-27 years. To join the Indian Army the candidate has to go through the SSB interview. Once that is clear then candidate can join Indian army.
- CDS Examination: Another way to join the Indian Defense Forces after the graduation degree is to appear for Combined Defense Service examination (CDS). Age requirement for this is 19-25 years. The candidate must be graduate with 55% marks. For male candidate, two options are there Indian Military Academy (IMA) /Officers Training Academy (OTA)/AFA/INA for training and in case of female candidates, its Officer Training Academy where the training is given.
- Technical Entrances: Third way is for engineering students of age 20 to 27 years who are graduated in B.E/B.Tech from any recognized institution are eligible for this entry. Male Candidates can either opt for (1) Technical Graduate Course or (2) Short Service Commission. Female candidate can only opt for SSC. For the SSC, the age limit for the male candidates is 20-27 years , though for the female candidates it becomes 19-25 years. The training for the former is given at IMA, while for the latter it’s provided at Officers Training Academy, Chennai. The notification for technical course comes twice a year, in April and October, while for SSC, it comes up in the month of June/July.
- NCC Special Entry: Fourth way is special entry scheme where male and female candidates with graduation in any discipline from recognized university have to just undergo SSB interview. No need to apply for any test for this. Age Limit: Candidates age should be between 19-25 years
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected based on qualification, Group Tests, Psychological Tests, and Interview & Medical Examination.
How to Apply: for notification and application of NCC “C” form the candidate can visit the official website and get all the updated information pertaining to this.
- University Entry Scheme (UES Entry Scheme): Only male candidates can apply for it. For entry through this There are 2 interview schedules—the first one is held at the campus whereas the final one is held at the SSB centers. The eligibility criteria for the same – B.Tech degree (the final and pre-final year students can also apply) and age of the candidates should be between 18 years to 24 years at the time of commencement of course. The training for the same is imparted at the Indian military Academy. The notification for filling online comes in the month of August.
Above mentioned are the 5 steps to join Indian Army after graduation. There are 5 ways through which the candidate can make the entry into defense services.