This is the most commonly asked question, everyone want to know about. But before answering this question we will gain an understanding about our indian defence forces and learn some facts about them. At the end of this blog you will have several reasons added by some facts to answer this question.
The Indian Armed Forces are the military forces of independent India. It consists of three professional services the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force. Indian defence forces are handled by the ministry of defence by coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and indian armed forces. The president of india is the supreme commander of the armed forces.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE INDIAN DEFENCE FORCES
- India holds the highest battlefield in the world, the Siachen Glacier, at 5000 metres above the sea level.
- Indian soldiers are considered to be one of the best soldiers at high altitude and mountain warfare.
- Soldiers in indian Defence service are enlisted on the basis of their overall merit and fitness based on tests and trials. Far from other government organizations and institutions in india, there are no room for reservations based on caste and religion.
- Operation Rahat in year 2013 was Carried out by the indian Air force was one of the biggest civilian rescue operations affected by floods in Uttarakhand.
- India has the largest naval academy in Asia called “The ezhimal naval academy” situated in kerela.
- Indian army has built the bailey bridge which is the highest bridge in the world. It is located in ladakh valley between dras and suru rivers in himalayan mountains.
- Horsed Cavalry Regiment in India is one of the last 3 remaining regiments in the world.
BENEFITS OF JOINING INDIAN DEFENCE FORCES
SERVING YOUR NATION IS ABOVE ALL
There are many ways to serve your nation, other jobs also serve the nation. But securing and serving your nation on the cost of life is above all and is incomparable. A soldier faces many obstacles while serving the nation, but motivation, robustness, leadership and going beyond the limits to secure the nation means everything.
JOB SECURITY AND ECONOMIC STABILITY
In this current economy having a righteous and respected government job is the best because of the job security.The pay scales are also very handsome(specially after sixth and seventh pay commission reports, the salary of a lieutenant is approximately Rs. 65000/- per month).Added by the allowances that an army officer gets are flying pay, high altitude allowances, sailing allowances, island allowances, pilotage allowance, driving allowance, submarine allowance, commando allowance, etc.
VARIETY OF ADVENTURES
Serving your country and experiencing difficult situations sets a base for a very adventurous career that is nothing like a regular 9 to 5 job. you might get the chance to climb mountains and encounter dangerous situation in extreme environment.
In armed forces one has to be physically fit, it is the integral part of their lifestyle. Regular excercise keeps a soldier physically fit and active during his service duration and after that for the lifetime.This is the only job that allows you to play sports and indulge in other physical activities.
DISCIPLINE AND ORGANIZED LIFESTYLE
Discipline is the backbone of the defence forces and every soldier follow these rules to work in an organized manner that keeps life in a pattern. It allows their mind and body to stay sharp and active for the lifetime.
On retirement, an army-man will receives a big amount(provident fund and other savings) apart from that he will gets the pension throughout his life. The experience they gain in Defence force helps them to establish a new buisness after the retiremnet.